Simplestreams and juju 2.x on openstack

Tom Barber tom at spicule.co.uk
Sat Feb 11 12:14:30 UTC 2017

in doing that it breaks juju tab complete by the way.

I'll file some issues later if they don't already exist.

Tom

On 11 Feb 2017 10:36, "Tom Barber" <tom at spicule.co.uk> wrote:

So my way around this because i can't snap install juju is to apt install
juju now it returns.

Tom

On Sat, Feb 11, 2017 at 8:29 AM, Tom Barber <tom at spicule.co.uk> wrote:

> Weird. I have a new ec2 node and just snap installed conjure up and used
> the supplied juju.
>
> Tom
>
> On 11 Feb 2017 05:27, "Curtis Hovey-Canonical" <curtis at canonical.com>
> wrote:
>

>> On Fri, Feb 10, 2017 at 8:04 PM, Tom Barber <tom at spicule.co.uk> wrote:
>>
>>> If I want to bootstrap openstack how do I deal with simple streams?
>>>
>>> The docs point to https://jujucharms.com/docs/stable/howto-privatecloud
>>> but in 2.1RC1 `juju metadata` isn't valid.
>>>

>> Are you using a deb package, a snap, the MacOS client, the window's
>> installer?
>>
>> The windows installer does not provide the metadata plugin. All other
>> packages/snaps/downloads do.
>>
>> The juju metadata works for me using either the snap or the deb on a
>> pristine host. The juju-metadata plugin is included in the osx download and
>> it gives me the same results as the Ubuntu metadata plugins.
>>

>> --
>> Curtis Hovey
>> Canonical Cloud Development and Operations
>> http://launchpad.net/~sinzui

Tom Barber
CTO Spicule LTD
tom at spicule.co.uk

http://spicule.co.uk

@spiculeim <http://twitter.com/spiculeim>

Schedule a meeting with me <http://meetme.so/spicule>

GB: +44(0)5603641316 <+44%2056%200364%201316>
US: +18448141689 <(844)%20814-1689>

<https://leanpub.com/juju-cookbook>