Juju 2.1-beta5 is here

John Meinel john at arbash-meinel.com
Sun Feb 5 07:21:42 UTC 2017

You're using local charms (./xenial/mongodb) so it's hard to know for sure
exactly what you're deploying without having the full set of files.

If it is the same as the "official" mongodb: https://jujucharms.com/mongodb/
Then it has several bindings that aren't listed in your bundle. Your bundle
states:

      bindings:
        internal: internal-api
        shared-db: internal-api
        public: internal-api
        admin: internal-api

However, the upstream charm
https://api.jujucharms.com/charmstore/v5/mongodb/archive/metadata.yaml has:
  nrpe-external-master
  database
  configsvr
  data
  benchmark

  mongos-cfg
  mongos

  replica-set

Now, these clearly are slightly different, as the upstream mongodb doesn't
have an "internal", "public", or "admin", and those all look very
suspiciously like very generic bindings on Openstack charms (which may or
may not be relevant on the mongdb charm.)

I'll also note that "juju deploy" appears to not be strict about
"bindings". If a value listed in bindings matches an endpoint, we will use
it, but we don't warn or fail if a name listed in bundle.yaml doesn't exist.

However, you can bind all endpoints of a service using "" as the binding
name. So you should be able to do:

    mongodb:
      charm: ./xenial/mongodb
      num_units: 1
      bindings:
        "": internal-api
      to:
        - "lxd:nodes/0"

The "" binding will set a default binding for all endpoints in the
application. You should be able to mix it with concrete bindings as well,
so if you wanted to change one of them, you should be able to do (eg):

    mongodb:
      charm: ./xenial/mongodb
      num_units: 1
      bindings: