bootstrap failed

fengxia fxia1 at lenovo.com
Thu Dec 21 03:49:44 UTC 2017

Hi Juju,

First time catch this bootstrap error.

Symptom is that it will hang on "Attempting to connect to....". I
usually waited from 5-10min and Ctrl-c the process. This time I waited
till it timed out.

Juju version: 2.3.1-xenial-amd64

What does this error mean? I have seen it a few times, sort of randomly
however. So I never figured out what's the cause. Any pointer what I
might be doing wrong?

----------------------------------

Creating Juju controller "devlocal" on localhost/localhost
Looking for packaged Juju agent version 2.3.1 for amd64
Starting new instance for initial controller
To configure your system to better support LXD containers, please see:
https://github.com/lxc/lxd/blob/master/doc/production-setup.md
Launching controller instance(s) on localhost/localhost...
  - juju-d05b8f-0 (arch=amd64)
Installing Juju agent on bootstrap instance
Fetching Juju GUI 2.11.1
Waiting for address
Attempting to connect to 10.175.135.109:22
ERROR failed to bootstrap model: waited for 20m0s without being able to
connect: @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
@         WARNING: UNPROTECTED PRIVATE KEY FILE!          @
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
Permissions 0755 for '/home/fengxia/.local/share/juju/ssh/juju_id_rsa'
are too open.
It is required that your private key files are NOT accessible by others.
This private key will be ignored.
Load key "/home/fengxia/.local/share/juju/ssh/juju_id_rsa": bad permissions
Permission denied (publickey).

--
Feng Xia

Advisory Engineer
Datacenter Group (DCG), Lenovo US
8000 Development Dr, Morrisiville, NC 27509
W: http://www.lenovo.com