Juju 2.3.0 is here!

Andrew Wilkins andrew.wilkins at canonical.com
Fri Dec 8 09:14:52 UTC 2017

On Fri, Dec 8, 2017 at 6:59 AM Nicholas Skaggs <
nicholas.skaggs at canonical.com> wrote:

> The Juju team are extremely pleased to announce the release of Juju 2.3.
> Juju is now more versatile, more efficient, and more configurable than ever.
>
> Cross Model Relations deliver a new way of organising your software stack.
> Deploy a database in one model and connect it to an application running
> another, even one running on a different controller, or even a different
> cloud.
>
> For containers at scale, Juju now integrates Canonical's Fan overlay
> network system. This allows containers to map network traffic to any other
> container on the fan network without distributed databases, consensus
> protocols, or any extra overhead.
>
> Juju's support for bundles has made it possible to quickly deploy
> connected sets of applications for some time now, but no two use cases are
> the same. That's why we have introduced the concept of an 'overlay' bundle
> - now you can easily add your own configuration and tweaks to a bundle at
> deploy time. See below for links to more information on this and other key
> features.

Hi folks,

Unfortunately a critical bug [0] has escaped to the field. This bug affects
existing relations in upgraded models. Models created after upgrading, or
with a fresh bootstrap, or where relations are created after upgrading,
will not be affected.

I would not recommend upgrading from 2.x. to 2.3.0. We will be working on a
fix for 2.3.1, and I expect this issue will bring that release forward much
sooner. If you have already upgraded and are affected, then you can fix it
by adding a document to the "statuses" collection in Mongo, as described in
the bug.

Cheers,
Andrew

[0] https://bugs.launchpad.net/juju/+bug/1737107