Juju 2.3.0 is here!
tictoc at tictoc.us
Thu Dec 7 23:39:08 UTC 2017
Looks great here other than the LDX on VMware which is what I need or at least part of it is. Wanting to run containerized openstack in kubernetes on vmware. Unless someones has a better idea, I could try.
From: Juju <juju-bounces at lists.ubuntu.com> on behalf of Nicholas Skaggs <nicholas.skaggs at canonical.com>
Date: Thursday, December 7, 2017 at 3:59 PM
To: juju <juju at lists.ubuntu.com>, "juju-dev at lists.ubuntu.com" <juju-dev at lists.ubuntu.com>
Subject: Juju 2.3.0 is here!
The Juju team are extremely pleased to announce the release of Juju 2.3. Juju is now more versatile, more efficient, and more configurable than ever.
Cross Model Relations deliver a new way of organising your software stack. Deploy a database in one model and connect it to an application running another, even one running on a different controller, or even a different cloud.
For containers at scale, Juju now integrates Canonical's Fan overlay network system. This allows containers to map network traffic to any other container on the fan network without distributed databases, consensus protocols, or any extra overhead.
Juju's support for bundles has made it possible to quickly deploy connected sets of applications for some time now, but no two use cases are the same. That's why we have introduced the concept of an 'overlay' bundle - now you can easily add your own configuration and tweaks to a bundle at deploy time. See below for links to more information on this and other key features.
## How can I get it?
The best way to get your hands on this release of Juju is to install it via snap packages (see https://snapcraft.io/for more info on snaps).
snap install juju --classic
Other packages are available for a variety of platforms. Please see the online documentation at https://jujucharms.com/docs/2.3/reference-install <https://jujucharms.com/docs/stable/reference-install>. Those subscribed to a snap channel should be automatically upgraded. If you’re using the ppa/homebrew, you should see an upgrade available.
For highlights of this release, please see the documentation at
https://jujucharms.com/docs/2.3/whats-new. Further details are below.
* Cross Model Relations:
- see https://jujucharms.com/docs/2.3/models-cmr
* Persistent Storage:
- see https://jujucharms.com/docs/2.3/charms-storage
- see https://jujucharms.com/docs/2.3/charms-fan
* Bundle deployments:
- Changed flags for deploying bundles to existing machines
- Bundle deploy flag --bundle-config replaced with --overlay
- Deploying bundles now supports --dry-run
- Deploying bundles can now target existing machines
* Update Application Series:
- see https://jujucharms.com/docs/2.3/howto-updateseries
* Parallelization of the Machine Provisioner:
- Groups of machines will now be provisioned in parallel reducing deployment time, especially on large bundles.
* open_port and close_port hook tools now support ICMP
- The open_port and close_port hook tools now support opening firewall access for ICMP. The syntax is:
* LXD Storage Provider:
- see https://jujucharms.com/docs/2.3/charms-storage#lxd-(lxd)
* Listing of Juju models is more efficient and can now handle more models gracefully
* Leadership coordinations is no longer tied to local time which avoids problems with clock skew and reduces overall load on the database
* Models are now more reliably destroyed and several fixes to avoid negative impacts while they are being removed
You can check the milestones for a detailed breakdown of the Juju bugs we have fixed:
## Known issues
The issues are targeted to be addressed in the upcoming 2.3.1 release.
* Firewaller issues on vmware vsphere https://bugs.launchpad.net/juju/+bug/1732665
* LXD broken on vmware
* Can't deploy bundle with map-machines=existing and subordinates https://bugs.launchpad.net/juju/+bug/1736592
* load spike on controller following remove-application https://bugs.launchpad.net/juju/+bug/1733708
## Feedback Appreciated!
We encourage everyone to let us know how you're using Juju.
Join us at regular Juju shows - subscribe to our Youtube channel https://youtube.com/jujucharms
Send us a message on Twitter using #jujucharms, join us at #juju on freenode, and subscribe to the mailing list at juju at lists.ubuntu.com.
## More information
To learn more about Juju please visit https://jujucharms.com.
-- Juju mailing list Juju at lists.ubuntu.com Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/juju
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Juju