How to use LXC local image for new machine

fengxia fxia1 at lenovo.com
Thu Aug 31 19:37:12 UTC 2017

According to https://bugs.launchpad.net/juju/+bug/1650651, juju 2.1
supports using local image if its alias is `juju/series/arch` format.

So following this, I created a local image and gave it an alias of this
format, but juju deploy will still download ubuntu-trusty before
creating the container.

Below is dump from `lxc image [image-name] info`:

fengxia at local-charmdev:~/workspace/wss$ lxc image info trusty
Fingerprint:
203a6ae7d45cbe5c1411ad3f17b9b2429cb5ddfec69019fa96ce5710c4871504
Size: 365.92MB
Architecture: x86_64
Public: no
Timestamps:
     Uploaded: 2017/08/31 14:32 UTC
     Expires: never
     Last used: never
Properties:
     label: release
     os: ubuntu
     release: trusty
     serial: 20170811
     version: 14.04
     architecture: amd64
Aliases:
     - gold-image (gold-image)
     - trusty (trusty)
     - juju/trusty/amd64 (juju/trusty/amd64)
Auto update: disabled

--
Feng xia
Engineer

Phone: 5088011794
fxia1 at lenovo.com

Lenovo.com
Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | Blogs | Forums