How to use LXC local image for new machine

fengxia fxia1 at lenovo.com
Thu Aug 31 18:19:36 UTC 2017

Hi Juju,

I'm using `localhost` provider for dev test. I have create a LXD
controller, and each time `juju deploy` will create a new container
(series/trusty).

I'm experimenting to use a local image so `juju deploy` can use. So far:

1. Created an image, "gold-copy"

2. `lxc image alias create trusty [hash]`, also created alias
`ubuntu-trusty`

But no avail. Juju will continue to download a `ubuntu-trusty` image to
use.

Any advice here?

btw, the ultimate goal is to shorten the cycle of getting a new machine.
The thought is to provide a customized image that has packages
pre-loaded, eg python, python-dev, and a few charm libs.

I also read somewhere about juju using `clone-image`? Any detail on this
function?

--
Feng xia
Engineer

Phone: 5088011794
fxia1 at lenovo.com

Lenovo.com
Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | Blogs | Forums