Juju-gui only show localhost as the deployment option

Rick Harding rick.harding at canonical.com
Tue Aug 29 14:05:40 UTC 2017

Hi Akshat, thanks for the interesting questions. I think that the blocker
is that a single controller cannot currently manage multiple clouds. Only
regions within the cloud. Once a cloud is bootstrapped to a specific cloud
it assumes all models are on that provider from then on.

In this way, the users are in the controller and so aren't cloud aware in
any way.

If a user has access to a model then it can only access that specific model
and the cloud and region it's on. So I'm not sure about the question of
limiting a user to only a specific cloud provider based on the model.
That's already built in at that point.

This is good to think about though if we bring multiple clouds to a single
controller that ACLs that limit the ability to use only specific
credentials would be something to consider.

Rick