Elasticsearch Charm Promulgation

Kevin Monroe kevin.monroe at canonical.com
Fri Aug 18 18:35:11 UTC 2017

Hey James!

First up, thanks so much for bringing the ES charm up to v5.x!  Can you
tell me if the source for cs:~jamesbeedy/elasticsearch-7 is the same as
what we've got here:

https://github.com/charms/charm-elasticsearch

Or is that source waiting on this PR to bring it in line with your es-7
charm:

https://github.com/charms/charm-elasticsearch/pull/2

The PR LGTM, so I'll merge it on your ack.  Let me know if there are other
outstanding bits that need to go into this repo.  Once that's done, I
propose we push this to the ~elastic-ops namespace of which you're a member:

https://launchpad.net/~elastic-ops

And then promulgate the ~elastic-ops charm rev.  As Rick and others have
mentioned, teams help distribute ongoing maintenance to people that have a
vested interest in certain charms.

@Simon / Bret:  you are on the ~onlineservices-charmers team that owns the
current promulgated ES charm.  Would you be willing to relinquish
maintainership to ~elastic-ops (and would you like to be members of that
team)?

Thanks!
-Kevin Monroe