designate-charm/designate-sink patch backport request

Alex Kavanagh alex.kavanagh at canonical.com
Thu Aug 17 13:47:26 UTC 2017

Hi Patrizio

>From the looks of the bug report, it seems to have been backported to
stable/ocata, but judging from your links, you're using stable/newton?

This should probably get raised as a bug on the designate project to
request the backport to stable/newton, so that the designate team can
evaluate impact/etc.

Best regards
Alex.

On Fri, Jun 23, 2017 at 3:34 PM, Patrizio Bassi <patrizio.bassi at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi All
>
> I'm using a juju-deployed openstack. Today i deployed Designate charm (#9)
> which pulls and installs:
>
> *designate-sink/xenial,now 1:2.0.0-0ubuntu1 all [installed]*
>
> when using
> juju config designate neutron-record-format='%(
> hostname)s.%(project)s.%(zone)s'
> the %project variable is set to 'None' because of https://github.com/
> openstack/designate/blob/stable/newton/designate/
> notification_handler/nova.py#L69
>
> The sink daemon can't resolve the project name which defaults to None.
>
> This commit fixes the issue for nova and neutron hooks.
> https://github.com/openstack/designate/commit/
> b23cae7b7839af2d2ed38c06a126f1e2a869ddd3
>
> It would be great to backport to xenial stable, it looks safe. I applied
> locally and it works flawlessy.
>
> I will be happy to test a new deb build if you want.
>
> Regards, have a nice weekend
>
> Patrizio

Alex Kavanagh - Software Engineer
Cloud Dev Ops - Solutions & Product Engineering - Canonical Ltd