juju application stuck, cannot remove/scale out

Alex Kavanagh alex.kavanagh at canonical.com
Fri Aug 4 14:37:11 UTC 2017

Hi Patrizio

Sorry you're hitting a charm problem with designate.   Has the problem
re-occurred with a remove-machine and add-unit?  I'm doing quite a lot of
work on the designate charm for the next release, and so would be
interested if this is a problem we've already fixed (e.g. you could try
juju deploy cs:~openstack-charmers-next/designate-36) but there's still
some work going on with it.

Thanks
Alex

On Fri, Aug 4, 2017 at 2:48 PM, Patrizio Bassi <patrizio.bassi at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Unfortunately i cannot fix the issue because it looks like a charm problem
> https://paste.ubuntu.com/25240017/
>
> Patrizio

>> You need to mark it resolved and if that fails you can do juju resolved
>> designate/0 --no-retry
>>
>> Once its hooks have cleared out it will disappear.
>>
>> Tom
>>
>> On Fri, Aug 4, 2017 at 2:33 PM, Patrizio Bassi <patrizio.bassi at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> i've deployed a designate charm with maas provider in a lxd container.
>>> when i tried to remove (juju remove-application designate) it i got the
>>> unit stuck with  hook failed: "update-status"
>>>
>>> Debugging with lxc info in the host machine i found the container is
>>> still alive and with running processes.
>>>
>>> now i cannot use add-unit nor remove it, it's just stuck. i rebooted the
>>> container, no way. I used juju resolved designate/0, no way.
>>>
>>> How to fix this kind of problem?
>>> Thank you
>>>
>>> Patrizio
>>>
>>> --

>> Tom Barber
>> CTO Spicule LTD
>> tom at spicule.co.uk
>>
>> http://spicule.co.uk
>>
>> @spiculeim <http://twitter.com/spiculeim>
>>
>> Schedule a meeting with me <http://meetme.so/spicule>
>>
>> GB: +44(0)5603641316 <+44%2056%200364%201316>
>> US: +18448141689 <+1%20844-814-1689>
>>
>> <https://leanpub.com/juju-cookbook>

Alex Kavanagh - Software Engineer
Cloud Dev Ops - Solutions & Product Engineering - Canonical Ltd