juju application stuck, cannot remove/scale out

Alex Kavanagh alex.kavanagh at canonical.com
Fri Aug 4 13:46:54 UTC 2017

Hi Patrizio

What's the output of "juju debug-log -i unit-designate -n 1000"  ?

The last few lines should indicate why designate crashed on the
update-status hook.

To force remove the unit use:

juju remove-machine <n> --force

where n is the machine number from juju status designate

Hope that helps
Alex.

On Fri, Aug 4, 2017 at 2:33 PM, Patrizio Bassi <patrizio.bassi at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> i've deployed a designate charm with maas provider in a lxd container.
> when i tried to remove (juju remove-application designate) it i got the
> unit stuck with  hook failed: "update-status"
>
> Debugging with lxc info in the host machine i found the container is still
> alive and with running processes.
>
> now i cannot use add-unit nor remove it, it's just stuck. i rebooted the
> container, no way. I used juju resolved designate/0, no way.
>
> How to fix this kind of problem?
> Thank you
>
> Patrizio

Alex Kavanagh - Software Engineer
Cloud Dev Ops - Solutions & Product Engineering - Canonical Ltd