A tutorial introduction to juju charm dev

Erik Lönroth erik.lonroth at gmail.com
Thu Apr 20 15:27:02 UTC 2017

Hello!

Let me introduce myself to the email list. My name is Erik Lönroth and I
work as technical lead on high performance computing at Scania. Scania it a
truck manufacturer in europe and part of the Volkswagen group.

I'm a strong advocator of the open source culture and my background is in
software development, system linux administration. Juju makes alot of sense
to me so, thanx for bringing this software to the community!

After some reading, experimenting and failing - I found it a bit daunting
to get started with developing juju charms. It took me some time to get
through even if the documentation is not that bad. I haven't found many
good intro-level tutorials that gets me quickly up to speed on developing.
I'd love to help change that.

My coworkers at Scania need this kind of education too, so I have tried to
create a tutorial to get a very simple "hello world" example up and
running. I'd like to share it with you and hopefully with your feedback add
more advanced tutorials later. Hopefully anyone like me, new to charm
development, finds it useful.

Here is my "hello-world" charm tutorial.

https://github.com/erik78se/juju/wiki/The-hello-world-charm

/Erik Lönroth