Juju 2.0-rc2 is here!

Nicholas Skaggs nicholas.skaggs at canonical.com
Thu Sep 29 23:45:25 UTC 2016

A new proposed release of Juju 2.0, 2.0-rc2, is here! As of rc1, we
guarantee upgradability up through Juju 2.0 final. We encourage you to
try this candidate build now in anticipation of Juju 2.0!

## What's new?
* The upgrade-charm command now has --config and --storage flags,
   so you can atomically update application config and storage
   constraints at the same time as upgrading the charm. This means you
   can now upgrade charms with additional required storage
   (https://bugs.launchpad.net/juju/+bug/1504658)
* get-controller-config has been renamed to controller-config to be
   consistent with the rest of the config commands.
* Juju no longer auto creates bridges for interfaces in MAAS that are
   unconfigured.
* kill-controller now as a --timeout flag that allows the user to set
   the time to wait before direct destruction.
* Rackspace cloud now works out of the box with updated add-credential
   and streams use.

## How do I get it?

If you are running Ubuntu, you can get it from the juju devel ppa:

     sudo add-apt-repository ppa:juju/devel
     sudo apt update; sudo apt install juju-2.0

Or install it from the snap store

     snap install juju --candidate --devmode

Windows, Centos, and MacOS users can get a corresponding installer at:

https://launchpad.net/juju/+milestone/2.0-rc2

## Feedback Appreciated!

We encourage everyone to subscribe the mailing list at
juju at lists.ubuntu.com and join us on #juju on freenode.
We would love to hear your feedback and usage of juju.

## Anything else?

You can read more information about what's in this release by viewing the
release notes here:

https://jujucharms.com/docs/devel/temp-release-notes