JUJU Charm Certification

Chris MacNaughton chris.macnaughton at canonical.com
Tue Sep 13 20:47:29 UTC 2016

Hey Siva,

> But I want to know about "How can we Scale Cinder nodes

 To scale up Cinder, you should just have to deploy the Hacluster[1] charm
and relate it to the Cinder charm. Additionally, you will need a VIP to
assign to the hacluster charm.

> as well as adding multiple storage arrays to the each  scaled cinder unit
> horizontally".

Assuming that you have a Cinder driver for your storage array, you should
be able to associate it as a subordinate charm multiple times with
different configs. For example:
$ juju deploy cinder
$ juju deploy cinder_backend_array  replicated --config=replicated.yaml
$ juju deploy cinder_backend_array non-replicated
--config=non-replicated.yaml
$ juju deploy cinder_backend_array dedup --config=dedup.yaml
$ juju add-relation cinder replicated
$ juju add-relation cinder non-replicated
$ juju add-relation dedup

This will deploy the charm 'cinder_backend_array' with different names and
configurations, and then will add them as subordinates to the Cinder charm.
The Cinder charm merges backends in the configuration file by using
configuration provided through the relation with the various drivers'
subordinate relations.

> Sub Question

> At a time, can I deploy two storages arrays to same cinder node .

Yes,

> Like,
>
> $juju deploy cinder
>
> $juju add-unit cinder -n 3
>
> $juju deploy mystorageCharm san1 san2
>
> $juju add relation cinder san1 san1

but not like this, see the example above.

[1]: https://jujucharms.com/hacluster/