ANNOUNCE: Juju Charmer Summit Gent 2017 / cfgmgmntcamp CFPs are open!

Jorge O. Castro jorge at ubuntu.com
Thu Oct 27 19:02:04 UTC 2016

Hear ye, hear ye!

It's time for another Juju Charmer Summit, 6-7 February 2017! We're
returning to beautiful Gent, Belgium as part of Config Management Camp 2017:

http://summit.juju.solutions/
http://cfgmgmtcamp.eu/

If you're not familiar with how this works, Config Management Camp is an
all encompassing devops working conference with dedicated track rooms for
Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Saltstack, Juju, and other open source configuration
management tools. Since there is representation from every major config
management project it makes for a great place to learn how to integrate all
this tooling into your Juju models.

All of our scheduling and infrastructure will be done through Config
Management Camp; the CFP link on the summit site will send you directly to
their CFP, just ensure you check the "Juju" track while submitting to make
sure your submission ends up in the right place. If you're doing
interesting things with other tools I'd also like to encourage you to
submit to those tracks as well.

Last year we stayed an extra day, but given the feedback we got from
attendees we're shortening it to two days, but _adding_ a dedicated
hacking/peer instruction room for advanced topics that will run
continuously.

As usual, we have limited sponsorship opportunities available to people who
are contributing community charms but need assistance to attend, please
ping me off list if you're interested.

And lastly,

On November 15th there is a Config Management Camp Day in Berlin,
bookending around Berlin DevOpsDays. We'll be attending there so if you're
free to attend there is plenty of room available for both events:
http://cfgmgmtcamp.eu/berlin-2016/

Hope to see you all in Gent in February!

--
Jorge Castro
Canonical Ltd.