Complex store queries

Casey Marshall casey.marshall at canonical.com
Tue Oct 25 20:21:05 UTC 2016

On Mon, Oct 24, 2016 at 6:15 AM, Merlijn Sebrechts <
merlijn.sebrechts at gmail.com> wrote:

> +1 for "which charms use this layer" queries. This has a number of uses:
>
> - for finding what the quality of a layer is (more use in recommended
> charms = better quality)
> - for the maintainer of a layer so he can see what the impact is of a
> change on his layer
> - to see which charms have to be rebuilt if a vulnerability has been found
> in a layer

Related to that last use case, it's also possible that a security update
needs to be applied based on the software that gets installed by the layer.

Today I noticed a security update for nginx:
https://www.ubuntu.com/usn/usn-3114-1/

This affects all deployed applications that were built with layer:nginx.
You'll definitely want to `juju run "apt-get update && apt-get upgrade -y
nginx"` on those.