[ANN] Mattermost and layer:lets-encrypt

Andrew Wilkins andrew.wilkins at canonical.com
Mon Oct 24 08:51:26 UTC 2016

On Sun, Oct 16, 2016 at 12:07 AM Casey Marshall <
casey.marshall at canonical.com> wrote:

> With a much appreciated recent contribution from James Beedy (bdx) our
> Mattermost charm cs:~cmars/mattermost[1] is working again!
>
> This encouraged me to add some followup improvements to the charm to make
> it even easier to deploy with secure defaults -- automatic registration
> with Let's Encrypt.
>
> I've broken out the Let's Encrypt integration to a separate reactive charm
> layer, layer:lets-encrypt[2], which extends layer:nginx. Practically any
> charm that uses layer:nginx should be able to use layer:lets-encrypt. When
> a config option `fqdn` is set, the layer will automatically register with
> LE and obtain certificates.

Nice, thank you. This will be useful for some stuff I'm working on.

It would be nice if the nginx charm supported (included) this by default.
Is there a reason it shouldn't? Having to create a separate charm that
includes both means you then have to track changes.

With the epic release of Juju 2.0 this past week -- the Mattermost charm