What are the best practices for stop hook handling?

Free Ekanayaka free.ekanayaka at canonical.com
Thu Oct 20 22:33:55 UTC 2016

On 20 October 2016 at 23:16, Rye Terrell <rye.terrell at canonical.com> wrote:

> > Do you have a real world example at hand?
>
> No, why?

Easier to reason around a specific concrete case than talk about
theoretical situations. After looking at a few concrete situations we can
come up with a more realistic understanding of the problem and figure some
situations.

One thing that I would note though, is that if you have to co-located
charms sharing a service, chances are that you might want to make that
shared service a (colocated) charm by itself, which relates to the two
consuming charms. In that situation there's no problem at all for the stop
hook. This is just an waving example, as said, concrete cases would help.