What are the best practices for stop hook handling?

James Troup james.troup at canonical.com
Wed Oct 19 17:20:38 UTC 2016

Marco Ceppi <marco.ceppi at canonical.com> writes:

> Colocation is a rare scenario, a more common one is manual provider.

Err, sorry, but colocation isn't rare; the majority of clouds we
deploy with juju have ceph colocated with nova compute.

And, to be clear, this is not a theoretical problem, I've been burnt
super badly by this in real world production deployments, e.g.:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/charms/+source/ceph/+bug/1629679

> Outside of "hulk-smashing" which we really don't support,

??

> Having to further distill how to "clean up" seems like a step
> backwards in what we care about with Juju, which is the setup and
> operations of software.

Reasonable people could argue that proper operation of software
includes clean up.

--
James