Complex store queries

Ondřej Kuzník ondrej.kuznik at credativ.co.uk
Tue Oct 18 14:55:23 UTC 2016

Hi,
developing new charms or just exploring the store, one might want to
raise random queries like "which charms use a layer x", "which charms
are subordinate" and some others. Are there any plans to add those,
concerns why this might not be a good idea?

While the store could extend the API to include these, I presume it
would just be an addition to a hardcoded list. Another option would be
for someone to scrape the store to PostgreSQL or a document DB of some
sort that could be searched with rather arbitrary queries (and a few
indexes for the more common ones).

My first reaction is that such a scraper would be frowned upon as it
might not have a way to update its database intelligently and keep
hitting all sorts of rate limits imposed by the store, but I might be
wrong here.

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks,
Ondrej

--
Consultant

credativ Ltd
Open Source for Business
UK office:  +44 1788 298150
Email:      ondrej.kuznik at credativ.co.uk
Web:        http://www.credativ.co.uk
Suite 5 | Bloxam Court | Corporation Street | Rugby | CV21 2DU | UK

We would love to hear your thoughts on our service!
Please send your comments to feedback at credativ.co.uk

credativ Ltd is registered in England & Wales, company no. 5261743
Certified by CompTIA / AccredITUK with the ICT Supply standard of
quality for Software Product Design and Development