problem when building a charm for giraph

Konstantinos Tsakalozos kos.tsakalozos at canonical.com
Tue Nov 22 10:08:04 UTC 2016

Hi Panagiotis,

Merlijn is right, the output of the smoke-test script is available in the
juju debug logs (juju debug-log). Here is what I got when running your
smoke-test: http://pastebin.ubuntu.com/23516167/ (multiple SLF4J bindings)
It seems the slf4j-log4j12-1.7.5.jar jar from Giraph is slightly older that
the slf4j-log4j12-1.7.10.jar from Hadoop.

In order to add some output to the smoke-test action you could call "action
set" and/or "action fail" as we do here
 https://github.com/panagiotisl/bigtop/blob/master/bigtop-packages/src/charm/hbase/layer-hbase/actions/smoke-test
<https://github.com/panagiotisl/bigtop/blob/master/bigtop-packages/src/charm/hbase/layer-hbase/actions/smoke-test>

Thank you for your work,