conjure-up Canonical Kubernetes in LXD

Adam Stokes adam.stokes at canonical.com
Mon Nov 21 16:03:58 UTC 2016

On Fri, Nov 18, 2016 at 3:49 AM Mark Shuttleworth <mark at ubuntu.com> wrote:

Developers will love this, the ability to spin up k8s in multi-node mode
on a laptop is fantastic!

I wonder if it's worth providing a page of instructions for the sysctl
changes built-in to conjure-up?

Currently within the  UI the user is able to press 'r' and display the
spells readme which would have that information in there.

We should aim to have the thing we socialize be one command ("conjure-up
canonical-kubernetes") and not a URL to a page with instructions.
Ideally, conjure-up would be able to detect the status of the machine,
tell the user how to adjust, and block until these changes have been
actioned (or do them for the user with approval).

We've talked about this before and I've created an issue to track
https://github.com/conjure-up/conjure-up/issues/507 . Ultimately, we don't
want to have to make any modifications to the user's host system to get big
software deployed within localhost cloud type.

Either one of these suggestions is doable and I'll keep the bug updated
with what we come up with.