Removing the single point of failure

Marco Ceppi marco.ceppi at canonical.com
Sat Nov 12 16:19:40 UTC 2016

Hey everyone,

We're aware of the outage and working to bring the service back online.
This is unfortunate, but we're in the process of getting the
interfaces.juju.solutions site, folded into the charm store properly. This
service has done it's job in providing the initial indexing but as we see
today it's become integral to the operation of charm authorship and should
be as robust as the charm store itself.

To address concerns about "what if". Juju, the interfaces site, the charm
layers, are all open source projects. While some items aren't directly
configurable if we ever did enter a period where Canonical wasn't directly
maintaining infrastructure for Juju and Charms the community could uphold
these projects and elect to run them directly. Juju is a key platform to
Canonical just as it is to you all. While outages like this may occur, we
are iterating quickly to make sure projects like the interfaces site are
folded into jujucharms.com and served with the same level SLA and HA as
you've come to expect.

Marco