Instance metadata for private cloud.

Jonathan Proulx jon at csail.mit.edu
Thu Nov 10 21:52:22 UTC 2016

Hi All,

Trying to test out juju on my private OpenStack cloud.

Having trouble bootstraping.

I've followed https://jujucharms.com/docs/stable/howto-privatecloud to
generate image metadata in ~/simplestreams and nomatter how I feed it
in I get:

ERROR failed to bootstrap model: no image metadata found

I've tried the 'juju bootstrap --metadata-source
/afs/csail.mit.edu/u/j/jon/simplestreams' suggested by the out put of
'juju metadata generate-image'

I've tried uploading to OpenStack object store as described in
https://jujucharms.com/docs/stable/howto-privatecloud and creating a
servic eand an endpoitn for it. This may have failed because our
object store is ceph not swift so semantics might be different.

Also tried copying the simplestreams directory to public webspace and
specifying:

juju bootstrap tigtest tigtest-CSAIL_Stata --config image-metadata-url=https://people.csail.mit.edu/jon/simplestreams

and stepping out that url one level at a time as far as
https://people.csail.mit.edu/jon/simplestreams/images/streams/v1/com.ubuntu.cloud-released-imagemetadata.json

but always erors out the same way.

What am I missing here?

-Jon