juju API not listening on all interfaces

Mark Shuttleworth mark at ubuntu.com
Sun Nov 6 10:20:18 UTC 2016

On 05/11/16 18:40, Wayne Carty wrote:
> I had our bootstrap node crash a few days ago and now the juju  api is
> not listening on all interfaces.
> Out boot strap nodes server two networks.
>
> 10.38.250.0/24 <http://10.38.250.0/24> and 10.38.251.0/24
> <http://10.38.251.0/24>.
>
> As of right now juju api is only listening on 10.38.250.251.0/24.
> Nodes that are on 10.38.250.0/24 <http://10.38.250.0/24> are now in
> error state because they can't reach the api.  The boot strap node has
> 2 interfaces. I have google and have not found a way to fixed the
> issue.Any help that you guys can provide is appreciated.

I have seen similar issues in places with split networks (front and
back). We do need to provide a means to dell the API service which
networks to bind to. I think we have the underlying means to do this by
using spaces in the 'controller' model and binding the controller
interfaces to the right spaces.

Mark