Support AWS EIP

Mark Shuttleworth mark at ubuntu.com
Sun Nov 6 10:18:10 UTC 2016

On 05/11/16 17:42, James Beedy wrote:
> How does everyone few about extending the AWS provider to support elastic ips?
>
> Capability to attach eips using juju would alleviate one more manual step I have to preform from the aws console every time I spin up an instance.
>
> I have created a feature request here ->
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/juju/+bug/1639459

Yes, this would be excellent. Conceptually at least, in Juju, we have a
place for "the internet" as a dedicated Network (networks are
collections of spaces) and for "shadow-ip addresses" (which are
addresses on one network that tunnel to addresses on another network).
These concepts give us elastic IPs very naturally, but they also are
important for cross-model relations in the private cloud, and I think we
should map out and implement this carefully as one coherent hybrid cloud
operations story.

Mark