Juju support for Synnefo

Stavros Sachtouris saxtouri at grnet.gr
Fri May 27 10:13:07 UTC 2016

Hello,

I am currently investigating ways for utilizing Juju on our own IaaS
software (*), with the intention of suggesting it as the de facto PaaS
layer.

We have already considered using external CLI scripts for provisioning
and scaling. This approach seems to work, but it limits the utilization
of Juju features (e.g., you cannot scale from UI). What we really need
is a provider with full support for Synnefo.

We already had a glimpse in Juju code, trying to familiarize ourselves
with the code, but we would appreciate any guidance on how to develop
complete providers for Juju. Where do we get started? Are there any
"developer Guides" or other documents? What is your policy on provider
extensions?

Thank you in advance

Stavros Sachtouris
Developer @ GRNET
saxtouri at grnet.gr

(*) It is called Synnefo ( synnefo.org ) and is an opensource IaaS
developed by the Greek Research Network of Technology (GRNET). It powers
~okeanos ( okeanos.grnet.gr ), a large IaaS providing resources to the
Greek and other European academic communities. Synnefo is OpenStack
compatible (in theory...)