Query on IBM-Installtion Manger Charm Layer

Shruthima Almavar salmavar at in.ibm.com
Tue Mar 22 10:21:24 UTC 2016

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for providing your thoughts on IBM Installation Manager layer ...!!

Will work on this and if any doubts will check with you.

Regards,
Shruthima.

From:   Kevin Monroe <kevin.monroe at canonical.com>
To:     Matt Bruzek <matthew.bruzek at canonical.com>
Cc:     Shruthima Almavar/India/IBM at IBMIN, juju <juju at lists.ubuntu.com>
Date:   02/11/2016 05:23 AM
Subject:        Re: Query on IBM-Installtion Manger Charm Layer

Hi Shruthima,

We came up with what we think an IBM Installation Manager base layer might
look like:

https://github.com/kwmonroe/layer-ibm-installation-manager

This is not a functional layer yet (ie, it needs to do the actual IBM IM
installation in ./reactive/ibm-installation-manager.sh), but we think this
is a good starting point for a layer that can be extended by other IBM
software (eg: WebSphere) that utilizes IBM IM for their install.  Check
out the README at the above repo to see how we envision other charm layers
using this IBM IM base layer.

Take a look and let us know if you have any questions or concerns with
this approach to providing a common IBM IM layer for others to extend.

Thanks,
Kevin

On Fri, Feb 5, 2016 at 3:18 AM, Matt Bruzek <matthew.bruzek at canonical.com>