New feature for charmers - min-juju-version

Stuart Bishop stuart.bishop at canonical.com
Tue Mar 22 01:54:10 UTC 2016

On 22 March 2016 at 11:42, Rick Harding <rick.harding at canonical.com> wrote:
> I believe that went out and is ok Stuart. The charmstore update is deployed
> and when you upload a multi-series charm to the charmstore it creates
> separate charms that work on older clients. If you hit issues with that
> please let me know.

Its only fixed for charms served from the charm store. CI systems and
such test branches, for example ensuring tests pass before uploading a
release to the charm store. I suspect this is exactly what Ryan needs
to do and why I mentioned the open bug. Unless 1.25 is updated to
handle the different data types, CI systems will need to work around
the issue by either roundtripping through the charm store (in a
personal namespace to avoid mid air collisions) or munging
metadata.yaml.

--
Stuart Bishop <stuart.bishop at canonical.com>