Unfairly weighted charmstore results

Uros Jovanovic uros.jovanovic at canonical.com
Thu Mar 17 14:18:33 UTC 2016

Hi Tom,

We currently bump the recommended charms over the community ones. The
reason other shows is due to using N-grams (3-N) in search and the ranking
logic using that puts recommended charms over the non-recommended ones. And
we're not only searching over names of charms but a bunch of content that a
charm has.

The system works relatively well for recommended charms if you know the
name (or close to what name is), but not in cases where a name is long and
the charm is only in community space. That's why you get better results
with short query vs a longer one.

We're working on providing better search results in the following weeks.