Testing Leader Election reconfiguration

Tom Barber tom at analytical-labs.com
Wed Mar 9 09:31:24 UTC 2016

Morning all

I'm trying to test for charm reconfiguration if the leader goes AWOL.

Adam suggested that I watch the status waiting for the next leader election
hook the wait on that and then check my service configs.

Sounds sane! Implementation though has been a pain.

>From Amulet I assume I need to call

sentry.wait_for_messages() ?

I looked at my juju debug-log and pulled out a line that said "Initializing
Leadership Layer (is follower)" which I figured would work. Is that a
message and what Amulet watches? I assume so but I don't really know and I
can't find a way to query juju to ask for what messages it's logged.

Anyway

self.d.sentry.wait_for_messages(
            {'pdi': 'Initializing Leadership Layer'
             ' (is follower)'})

Fails with a timeout. So anyone got any suggestions? :)

Thanks

Tom