ApacheCon 2016 Talks

Tom Barber tom at analytical-labs.com
Fri Mar 4 22:58:43 UTC 2016

Hello folks, just some minor self promotion here:

I'll be doing a few talks at ApacheCon Big Data which will have some Juju
stuff entwined namely:

Data Management At Scale: http://sched.co/6M31

I'll be spinning up a bunch of data management and pipeline stuff for a
dummy distributed data demo. Which will use Juju as the main platform for
running this stuff.

Designing Workflows with OODT: http://sched.co/6M3E

Less so in this one but we'll still use Juju to spin up our workflow
cluster and use actions to deploy workflows to specific places.

and at ApacheCon Core I'll also be doing a beginners guide to OSGI & Karaf
which got accepted but I've yet to see a schedule. This one will use Juju
to deploy Karaf(I'm thinking of a Karaf layer, but I was also wondering if
a WAR/Webapp interface would make sense, i'm not sure how that would work,
so i'll chat with some folk next week)

For this you'll likely get a bunch of new charms from me, some form of
Apache OODT will be landing soon, along with Karaf and also Hazelcast.

Anyway, shameless self promotion over.

Happy Friday.

Tom