public-address and dns of nodes are IPs instead of hostnames

Junaid Ali junaidali at plumgrid.com
Thu Jun 30 04:19:55 UTC 2016

Thanks Antonio for the quick response.

If I connect one network to the node, it shows the hostname as
public-address but if i connect a second network, it gets the IP from
second network as public address (and dns). All of my nodes are connected
to two networks except the juju bootstrap node. So from juju status
command, DNS and public address of all nodes are IPs except the bootstrap
node which has the hostname. This is a very random behavior.
is the feature introduced in 1.25.5? and also can you please share why this
feature is introduced?