Need info for deploying Mariadb as xenial

Daniel Bartholomew dbart at mariadb.com
Mon Jun 27 16:01:04 UTC 2016

On Mon, Jun 27, 2016, 7:40 AM Rajith P Venkata <rajith.pv at in.ibm.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I am deploying mariadb5.5 on juju 2.0, I am getting error . Mariadb charm
> supports only trusty , is there a way we can have Mariadb charm deployed
> with series  xenial

MariaDB 5.5 is entirely unsupported on Ubuntu Xenial. The Ubuntu
repository for Xenial only has MariaDB 10.0 in it and the MariaDB
repositories for Xenial only have MariaDB 10.0 and higher in them. The
MariaDB Ubuntu repository for MariaDB 5.5 only supports Ubuntu Trusty
and Precise. My guess is that that is why the charm is failing, the
packages you are trying to install don't exist.

--
Daniel Bartholomew, MariaDB Release Manager
MariaDB | http://mariadb.com