[Review Queue] rlec, nrpe-external, nagios, squid-reverseproxy, ubuntu-repository-cache, ibm-im

Jay Wren jay.wren at canonical.com
Fri Jun 24 20:24:04 UTC 2016

Could you expand on the resource-get inefficiencies?

The resource-get docs say this:

If "resource-get" for a resource has not been run before (for the unit)

> then the resource is downloaded from the controller at the revision
>
> associated with the unit's application. That file is stored in the unit's
>
> local cache. If "resource-get" *has* been run before then each
>
> subsequent run syncs the resource with the controller. This ensures
>
> that the revision of the unit-local copy of the resource matches the
>
> revision of the resource associated with the unit's application.
>

> Either way, the path provided by "resource-get" references the
>
> up-to-date file for the resource. Note that the resource may get
>
> updated on the controller for the application at any time, meaning the
>
> cached copy *may* be out of date at any time after you call
>
> "resource-get". Consequently, the command should be run at every
>
> point where it is critical that the resource be up to date.

Expanding on the inefficiencies given the above optimizations may help
other charm writers be aware of things which may be inefficient.

Thanks,
--
Jay