Charm push crashes when uploading big charms

Jay Wren jay.wren at canonical.com
Mon Jun 20 15:42:19 UTC 2016

Hello Merlijn,

I can replicate the problem and I can work around it by using a faster
internet connection.

At some point, tcp connections have to time out. I can only replicate the
issue when that timeout is reached. If you have the means to relocate to a
faster internet connection temporarily for pushing to charmstore, please
do. You might also try recompressing any items in the charm using a higher
compression level. xz -9 instead of gzip -3 or whatever things may be using
now.

We are aware this is a poor longterm solution. We are investigating better
solutions for uploads. As you've mentioned, resources will also help the
situation.

I am sorry that I do not have a better solution.
--
Jay