nfs kernel server installation failed in lxd container

Shilpa Kaul shilkaul at in.ibm.com
Mon Jun 20 15:32:16 UTC 2016

Hi,

I am using NFS for file sharing in my charm. To install nfs-kernel-server
on LXC container(Juju 1.25), I had done the below steps on my host machine
:
apt-get install nfs-common
modprobe nfsd
mount -t nfsd nfsd /proc/fs/nfsd
Then edit /etc/apparmor.d/lxc/lxc-default and added the following lines to
it and restart the apparmor
mount fstype=nfs,
mount fstype=nfs4,
mount fstype=nfsd,
mount fstype=rpc_pipefs,

By doing this and further steps of installing nfs server and nfs client, I
was able to share files between the LXC containers.

Now when I run the same charm on Juju 2.0(LXD containers), my charm fails
as the nfs-kernel-server installation fails. In the logs I see the below
messages

A dependency job for nfs-server.service failed. See 'journalctl -xe' for
details.
invoke-rc.d: initscript nfs-kernel-server, action "start" failed.
dpkg: error processing package nfs-kernel-server (--configure):
 subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status
1

On doing journalctl -xe, I see lots of "Operation not permitted" messages
and "Failed to mount NFSD configuration filesystem"error messages.

Can anyone please help me in resolving the above issue and configuring NFS
Server on LXD containers.

Thanks and Regards,
Shilpa Kaul