Question for cosmetic and understandability of breadcrumbs in github

Merlijn Sebrechts merlijn.sebrechts at gmail.com
Thu Jun 16 20:42:56 UTC 2016

Well, Charles, I must admit that I'm a bit lost. There's some lingo in this
email I don't quite understand, and it's quite late on my side of the globe
;)

What I understand you want: You have a Github repo that contains the top
layer of a Charm. Each tag in that repo corresponds to the revision of the
charm build from that layer. Is this correct?

This would allow you to see what Charm corresponds to what layer version.

I don't quite understand how this would solve your kubernetes problem.
Don't you want this information about every layer instead of just the top
one? Is this something 'charm build' would be able to do automatically? It
gets the layers from a repo so it might be able to put that info
(repo/commit) in a log somewhere?