TLS Terminated Etcd (If you use etcd this affects you)

Jay Wren jay.wren at canonical.com
Thu Jun 16 06:33:59 UTC 2016

On Wed, Jun 15, 2016 at 12:08 PM, Casey Marshall <
casey.marshall at canonical.com> wrote:

> The overhead of a TLS handshake can be minimal, it just depends on the
> algorithm & key lengths used. This should be configurable in the layer, I
> think. EC and 2048-bit RSA have reasonable handshake times.

I take it all back. I just had a chat with coworkers who reminded me that
etcd supports http2 already and that the performance improvements of http2
could be very significant. Given that, I thank you greatly for these TLS
changes and look forward to using them
--
Jay