Juju 2.0-beta9 ETA

Cheryl Jennings cheryl.jennings at canonical.com
Fri Jun 10 18:20:05 UTC 2016

The team has been busily working on 2.0-beta9 with an aim to address
usability feedback and ensure that beta9 will be upgradeable to subsequent
releases.  Ensuring upgradeability has required a significant amount of
work to finalize internal details, and the team needs a few extra days to
make sure this work is completed.

To achieve this guarantee, we are moving the expected date for 2.0-beta9 to
Tuesday, June 14.

Some of the great things coming in beta9 include:
- Renaming of 'service' to 'application' to better align terminology
- Shortened instance IDs for the lxd provider (ex: 'juju-622af3-0')
- Addition of a `juju unregister` command to remove references to
controllers
- Separation of controller config vs. model config
- Improved status output
- Numerous bug fixes

There is an early beta9 available in the juju daily ppa (ppa:juju/daily)
for those who wish early access to the above features.

Thanks!
-Cheryl