Apache Bigtop Juju Charming Effort

Cory Johns cory.johns at canonical.com
Wed Jun 8 22:40:33 UTC 2016

[NB: cross posted to Juju and Bigtop lists]

I wanted to introduce the wiki page that we, the Juju Big Software team,
created to coordinate the community effort to create Juju charms for the
various Apache Bigtop components:
https://github.com/juju-solutions/bigdata-community/wiki/Apache-Bigtop

We want to continue with the community the effort that was started when the
first set of charms, for Apache Hadoop, was accepted into the Apache Bigtop
project.  Bigtop comprises over 30 different components.  We have an idea
of which ones we think should be prioritized, but we want to get the
community involved in both setting those priorities as well as getting
these components charmed so that they can be easily deployed, scaled,
tested, and benchmarked across clouds, bare metal, and local dev
environments.

Please join us by choosing a component that you care about to start
creating a charm for.  We are more than happy to help you get started!