Model config

Andrew Wilkins andrew.wilkins at canonical.com
Wed Jun 8 09:41:39 UTC 2016

Hi folks,

We're in the midst of making some changes to model configuration in Juju
2.0, separating out things that are not model specific from those that are. For
many things this is very clear-cut, and for other things not so much.

For example, api-port and state-port are controller-specific, so we'll be
moving them from model config to a new controller config collection. The
end goal is that you'll no longer see those when you type "juju
get-model-config" (there will be a separate command to get controller
attributes such as these), though we're not quite there yet.

We also think there are some attributes that people will want to set across
all models, but are not necessarily related to the *controller*. For
example, http-proxy, apt-http-proxy, and their siblings. I expect that if
anyone is setting these particular attributes, they are doing so for *all*
models, as they're operating within a private cloud with limited network
access.

Does anyone have a real, uncontrived use-case for configuring proxy
settings on a per-model basis?

Cheers,
Andrew