Best way to create CI pipeline for Charms

Rick Harding rick.harding at canonical.com
Mon Jun 6 14:22:59 UTC 2016

Merlijn, this is great and exactly what I've been hoping someone would do
for charms with the new tooling that's been put together.

Personally, we're a heavy jenkins shop internally and know that the best.
Charles did some good work with Drone, but I've not tried it out.

One other thing to think about is I wonder if the Cloud Weather Report tool
provides output to gate CI on. It might be interesting because you'll get a
good visual output of the history, the tests are already there and it runs
against multiple clouds. You'd just trigger CWR from Jenkins and if that
passes, do the push to the store.

I've coped in Seman and Fabrice in as I think the two questions there are
if the CWR can provide good pass/fail error codes to Jenkins and the one
trick you'll need to be able to push the charm update to the store is a bot
based auth token to get the push to work properly.

 Hopefully they can speak to that more explicitly.