16.07 OpenStack charm release

David Ames david.ames at canonical.com
Fri Jul 29 10:23:14 UTC 2016

Leon,

Hi and thanks for your questions. Some answers inline:

On Fri, Jul 29, 2016 at 2:52 AM, 曾建銘 <godleon at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi OpenStack charm team,
>
> Many thanks for your information about the new release.
>
> There is one question about deploying OpenStack by juju charm. What version
> of MAAS & Juju should we use to deploy new OpenStack charm?

Good question.

> MAAS 1.9.3 + Juju 1.25.6 ?

MAAS 1.9.3 + Juju 1.25.6 are considered stable and recommended for
current production deployments.

> MAAS 1.9.3 + Juju 2.0 Beta 13 ?
>
> MAAS 2.0 RC2 + Juju 2.0 Beta 13 ?

As the versions suggest these are Beta and release candidate options
with all caveats one would expect. If you are in the exploration stage
or for development environments these versions are great.

> Is there anything we should pay attention to when deploying OpenStack 16.07
> charms ?

We are very proud of this release. The release notes cover all the highlights:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/OpenStack/OpenStackCharms/ReleaseNotes1607

> Do you have any recommendation? It will be helpful if you could give us some
> advices.

Thanks again for the questions.

--
David Ames