Reliably share a persistent filesystem between units

Robin Winslow robin at canonical.com
Thu Jul 7 14:28:41 UTC 2016

Thanks everyone, some really helpful suggestions there.

> On the storage roadmap we have shared filesystems, so your underlying
> cloud could provide these and Juju would organise them to be in the
> right place for each unit.

Is there any information online that you could link me to about these
ideas, so I can get an idea of what this offering would look like?

> interestingly Amazon recently brought their Elastic File Service

Thanks, I'll read up on the Elastic File Service, maybe that'll help me
better understand what the shape of the eventual Juju solution would look
like.

> I should also have mentioned that there are IIRC a few bundles which
> actually setup an NFS server and clients in the bundle in order to
> provide this entirely internally to the bundle (i.e. without any cloud
> or juju mediated storage management).

If anyone could link me to any specific bundles which implement this sort
of solution with NFS, that would be very interesting to look at.

> CephFS has come up with some of our team and at this time it's not
something that folks are relying on production so I'm hesitant to vote
up/down on that.

Did your guys get anywhere with looking into CephFS? Do you think it would
be something that's worth experimenting with and maybe developing charms
around even if it's not for production use at this stage?