Reliably share a persistent filesystem between units

Rick Harding rick.harding at canonical.com
Thu Jul 7 12:57:54 UTC 2016

Robin, there's a few ways to go about it. CephFS has come up with some of
our team and at this time it's not something that folks are relying on
production so I'm hesitant to vote up/down on that.

You question on the NFS charm got me thinking that we do have a storage
subordinate that's been used in the past [1] and while the NFS charm
doesn't currently support it [2] I wonder if that would be a decently easy
path forward to giving a persistent place to keep that NFS data.

Finally, as Mark mentioned we do want to provide this through Juju and
interestingly Amazon recently brought their Elastic File Service [3] which
is specifically built around many of the ideas Juju will want to allow,
such as a single filesystem shared to a Hadoop cluster for data processing
and the like. While limited to a single cloud for now, it points towards
the path you're looking to head down.

1: https://jujucharms.com/storage/
2: https://jujucharms.com/nfs/
3: https://aws.amazon.com/efs/