[ANN] Charm Tools 1.11.1

Marco Ceppi marco.ceppi at canonical.com
Sat Jan 23 16:31:12 UTC 2016

Hello everyone,

As we round the corner to April and March on to 2.0 we have a quick release
to patch an issue that arose due to a release in pip. This patch release,
1.11.1 is the latest version and replaces 1.11.0.

# Changes

c38725e [Marco Ceppi] version bump
3885b24 [Marco Ceppi] Do not add pip to wheelhouse, leave to base layers

# Highlights

This fix includes a bug fix for charm layers being built

## pip 8.0 breaks on deploy

Due to a release of pip 8.0, when trying to install pypi resources after
installing pip 8 on a machine spurious errors around failures to install
additional packages were reported. This change delegates (and version
locks) pip at the layer level and not during the build process. This merge
is paired with
https://github.com/juju-solutions/reactive-base-layer/pull/28/files

# Install

Charm Tools is available to users either via the juju/stable PPA, Homebrew,
or pip

## PPA

    sudo add-apt-repository ppa:juju/stable
    sudo apt-get update
    sudo apt-get install charm-tools

* There is a delay with precise version as some deps, mainly jsonschema,
are not available yet for this platform

## Homebrew

    brew install charm-tools

* Will be available once https://github.com/Homebrew/homebrew/pull/47095 is