[Review Queue] nfs, zulu8, saiku, nuage, quobyte, apache2

Kevin Monroe kevin.monroe at canonical.com
Fri Jan 15 00:40:14 UTC 2016

Happy 2016 folks!

The Big Data team has been rocking the queue this year, and I had the
pleasure of announcing our RQ time last week.  Unfortunately, I didn't get
the note sent out, so I got the chance to cover this week's RQ time as
well!  Here's what we found:

Jan 14, 2016:

   -

   nfs
   -

      https://code.launchpad.net/~freyes/charms/trusty/nfs/lp1433036/+merge/280365
      -

      known not to work in lxc on trusty, bundletesting on AWS
      -

      test attempts to deploy ‘precise/owncloud’ charm from the store which
      appears to be broken:
      -

         0.shared-fs-relation-changed logger.go:40
         /var/lib/juju/agents/unit-owncloud-0/charm/hooks/shared-fs-relation-changed:
         line 55: [: missing `]
         -

      Asked the author if an owncloud change is needed to support this
      update
      -

   zulu8
   -

      https://bugs.launchpad.net/charms/+bug/1519858
      -

      missing tests, so we requested Azul dupe the recent openjdk tests:
      -

         https://code.launchpad.net/~kwmonroe/charms/trusty/zulu8/add-tests/+merge/282681

Jan 8, 2016:

   -

   saiku analytics - enterprise
   -

      https://bugs.launchpad.net/charms/+bug/1524715
      -

      Found 2 issues causing test failures; suggested fixes
      -

   nuage-vrs
   -

      https://bugs.launchpad.net/charms/+bug/1420995
      -

      All charm proof issues resolved
      -

      Conditional restart logic added and seems good
      -

      Tests (unit) added, look good, and pass
      -

      Provided some feedback and suggested improvements, the with the main
      suggestions dealing with how to avoid a charm error state when
blocked was
      intended, and how to avoid an immutable config option
      -

      Unfortunately, we can’t fully test the charm without access to the
      repos
      -

   quobyte new charms
   -

      quobyte-webconsole https://bugs.launchpad.net/charms/+bug/1527679
      -

      quobyte-api https://bugs.launchpad.net/charms/+bug/1527676
      -

      quobyte-metadata https://bugs.launchpad.net/charms/+bug/1527674
      -

      quobyte-registry https://bugs.launchpad.net/charms/+bug/1527672
      -

      quobyte-data https://bugs.launchpad.net/charms/+bug/1527673
      -

      The charms above deploy the Quobyte Storage System availubale at
      https://code.launchpad.net/~3-bruno/charms/trusty/quobyte-metadata/trunk
      -

      At this point we cannot proceed with the above charms primarily
      because there is no adequate testing.
      -

      We suggested two options to the authors, add tests and/or create a
      bundle that would deploy all services and test the storage system as a
      whole.
      -

   apache2 - add-logs-interface
   -

      https://code.launchpad.net/~evarlast/charms/trusty/apache2/add-logs-interface/+merge/278222
      - Test concern was addressed, but a possible corner-case was spotted
      and the README should be updated to document this new interface.

Questions/concerns?  We're in #juju on freenode.  Thanks!
-Kevin