Can't Access To Instances Use SSH

yyoungtao at gmail.com yyoungtao at gmail.com
Wed Jan 13 20:59:23 UTC 2016

Dear JUJU team

I deployed Openstack manually with JUJU and MAAS.
Here is my distribution:
Keystone, Neutron, Mysql, Rabbitmq, Dashboard, nova-cloud-controller, Glance, Cinder each deployed on one VM(which is kvm) on one physical server.
nova-compute has 9 nodes each deployed on one physical nodes.

My external network is one fixed IP like x.x.x.x. I can only get one available IP address from our community.
My internal network which use 10.0.0.0/24 used for the communication for openstack services.

I finished the deploy. Right now I am struggling with accessing the instances, I create one public network(as floating ip) and one private network(as fixed ip) through dashboard for the instance, and I can access the instance from the dashboard, but unfortunately I can't login into it due to there is no username and password(I want to deploy hadoop on the instances).

I also can't ssh to the instance with ssh root at floating ip -i {keypair}.pem, it seems like the two networks I created in dashboard has no use,

My intuition is the network config of Neutron has some problem, and I attached the Neutron network config. So do you have any ideas about it, any response will be appreciated. Thank you!

Best Wishes!

Yanyang Tao
Student, Integrated Computing PhD Program
Dept of Computer Science, College of EIT, UALR
Tel: +1 501 909©\2599
E-mail:yyoungtao at gmail.com